MARINCOMP presents 6 papers at EWTEC 2017.
A number of MARINCOMP researchers presented papers and posters at the recent European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference (EWTEC 2017). The conference was held in Cork between 27th – 31st August 2017. The presentations were:
- Parvez Alam., Dimitrios Mamalis., Colin Robert., Austin D. Lafferty., Conchúr M. Ó Brádaigh. Mechanical properties and damage analyses of fatigue loaded CFRP for tidal turbine applications, European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference (EWTEC) series, Cork, Ireland (2017).
- Mamalis , Tomas Flanagan., Adrian Doyle., Conchúr M. Ó Brádaigh. A Carbon Fibre Reinforced Powder Epoxy Manufacturing Process for Tidal Turbine Blades., European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference (EWTEC) series, Cork, Ireland (2017).
- Dooher, T, Flanagan, T, Archer, E, McIlhagger, A, J, Ó Brádaigh, CM, Cost modelling of a tidal turbine blade: Opportunities and challenges, European Wave & Tidal Energy Conference (EWTEC 2017), Cork, Ireland, Aug 2017.
- M. Maguire, N.D. Sharp, R.B. Pipes (Purdue University, United States of America), C.M. Ó Brádaigh, Process simulations for manufacturing thick-section parts with low-cost fibre reinforced polymers, SAMPE Europe Conference 2017, Stuttgart, Germany.
- Vesna Jaksic, Finlay Wallace, Conchúr Ó Brádaigh, Upscaling of Tidal Turbine Blades: Glass or Carbon Fibre Reinforced Polymers? EWTEC 2017, Cork, Ireland.
- James Maguire, Adrian Doyle, Conchúr Ó Brádaigh. Manufacturing Thick-Section Tidal Turbine Blades Using Low-Cost Fibre Reinforced Polymers, European Wave & Tidal Energy Conference (EWTEC 2017), Cork, Ireland, Aug 2017.